Our program is established on decades of urban ministry. Most of our trip facilitators and pastoral staff at New Vision are seasoned urban youth ministry veterans with 15+ years of local living and service invested into the inner-city communities of San Diego. We know our city because we have lived here, worked, and worshipped here. Many of our ministry sites are well-established and ministry partnerships represent decades of relationship and networking.
A few things that make us exceptional hosts...
- we know our city... we live here, we serve here, we worship here
- we are more deeply connected and involved in our city and communities than any out of state mission organization can be
- our staff has used urban mission trips to bring outside resources and ministry alongside the urban church for more than 20 years
- Christian organizations and schools well-known for high standards of quality in their respective categories, like Hume Lake Christian Camp, Santa Fe Christian Schools, City Connexx (the urban ministry arm of Compassion International), and California Baptist University, endorse and actively partner with us
- Trips are so important to our strategy for reaching our community that we have a staff pastor whose primary role is to bring outside groups and resources alongside our existing ministries