When we start to talk with people about what we do, one of response we get a lot goes something like this...
"Missions trips to San Diego?! Yeah, I think that we could get a few people together who would want to go to San Diego for a mission trip. There must be plenty of people who need Jesus at the beach, the mall, the zoo, Sea World, and maybe even at Lego Land. San Diego sounds like a great (sarcastic grin) place for a mission trip."
We get that a lot because these are the things that most people know about San Diego.
- San Diego is nicknamed, "America's Finest City"
- The weather here in San Diego is amazing. Average annual temperature around 70 degrees. It never snows, and there are no hurricanes or tornadoes.
- San Diego is home to the some of the most beautiful beaches in the country.
- San Diego’s tourist industry thrives and sustains the city through the recent recession. People from all over the world come here to experience the weather, beaches, shopping, a fantastic zoo, Sea World, and a rich culture.
- We are close to Mexico and have a large Hispanic population... almost 30%.
- Tens of thousands of church youth group participants pass through San Diego each year on their way to build houses in nearby Tijuana, Ensenada, Rosarita, and other locations in Baja California.
- San Diego is a very desirable destination for a vacation, but bring your wallet.
- The cost of living here is very high.